The Elementary school counselor serves both Cambria and Jackson elementary buildings. Mrs. Kate Wolf coordinates a developmental guidance program for all Kindergarten through 5th grade students.
This type of counseling program addresses all students through their stages of development. It is a pro-active, educational approach which helps all children to understand themselves and others, develop social skills, build their self concept, and learn self-management skills such as decision making, problem solving, managing anger, and effective communication.
Special emphasis is put on the skills used in conflict resolution to promote healthy relationships and create a positive, safe school environment in which all members of the school community belong, learn and contribute.
Important components of the elementary counseling program include:
- Coordinating school-wide anti-bullying programs
- Presenting guidance lessons in all classrooms
- Providing individual and small group counseling when appropriate
- Providing referrals to community services for students/families in need
- Serving as a Safe Schools Team member for district-wide school safety efforts
- Coordinating career awareness programs for elementary students
- Consulting with teachers, parents, administrators, and outside agencies to address students' academic, behavioral and emotional needs.
Dismissal Schedule June 4, 2013
Middle School/High School - 9:30 a.m.
Cambria/Jackson Elementary Schools - 10:30 a.m.
Monday, May 13th. High School Solo Concert
Tuesday, May 14th. Cambria Elementary School
Wednesday, May 15th. Jackson Elementary School
Thursday, May 16th, Middle School Concert
Monday, May 20th. High School Concert
Wednesday, May 22nd. High School Solo Concert
All concerts begin at 7pm and are will take place at the high school auditorium
Local Scholarship Application
Middle / High School: Save Sunny D Labels and earn books for our school.
Simply snip the label off of Sunny D products and turn them into your 1st period teacher. For every label the students receive a free book.
PSSA Review PowerPoints
Extra yearbooks will be on sale on a first come first serve basis. The cost of the yearbook is $75 and they can be purchased in the high school office.
The CCHS Newsletter is now available. Please click here to view the newsletter. The newsletter is also available under the News link under Guidance.