We hope that our students, parents, and community members will find useful information on this website to help navigate successfully through the middle school years! Please view our blog and follow our Twitter account for the latest updates on Middle School events. At Central Cambria Middle School, the administration and staff are committed to the following:
CCMS Vision: A unified team educating, inspiring, and challenging students to succeed in the world.
CCMS Mission: The Central Cambria Middle School will collaborate to support, challenge, and enrich all members of our school family.
Essential Elements of a Middle School:
- Educators who value working with this age group and are prepared to do so
- Courageous, collaborative leadership
- A shared vision that guides decisions
- An inviting, supporting, and safe environment
- High expectations for every member of the learning community
- Students and teachers engaged in active learning
- An adult advocate for every student
- School-initiated family and community partnerships
- Curriculum that is relevant, challenging, and integrative
- Multiple teaching and learning approaches that respond to student diversity
- Assessment and evaluation programs that promote quality learning
- School-wide efforts and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety
- Multifaceted guidance and support services
(Taken from "This We Believe" from the National Middle School Association)
Mr. Christopher Santini
Middle School Principal
Let's get hooked on reading at the Central Cambria Middle School / High School "UNDER THE SEA" Book Fair to be held Feb. 17-20th Parents and students can explore and even purchase books online:BOOK FAIR UNDER THE SEA
There will be no holiday dismissal prior to Christmas vacation, which begins Monday, December 22, 2014, and continues through January 2, 2015. Students will report back to school Monday, January 5, 2015
The CCHS Newsletter is now available. Please click here to view the newsletter. The newsletter is also available under the News link under Guidance.